Living In Bondage Movie Review

'onye mere nwa n'ebe akwa, egbe mere nwa n'ebe akwa. Weta uziza weta ose......' Hearing Kosi sing this song in the movie Living in Bondage made me smile with fund memories of growing up and hearing my grand mother tell me bed rime stories under the big tree in the village.

Oh My Day!!! Oh My Gosh!!! Living In Bondage Sequel, the movie has got me screaming with excitement. These guys killed it! From the production, to the actors, to the cinematography down to how it ended....like O to the M to the G

Guys, Living in Bondage Sequel is out rightly the movie of the year, phleaseeeee! This movie is the real deal and should absolutely win an Oscars award biko. Kudos to Ramsey Noah and Charles for this.

Let me gist you as e be. So it is no news to my friends that since this lockdown, apart from my work (my baby) Netflix has been my other addiction. But when it comes to the movies, I gladly skip the Nigerian movies lol (sorry I am not patriotic). I gave up on Nollywood them long time ago ever since I saw in one of their movies, a ghost being hit by a car! I mean, what the actual hell is that?

But recently, I am beginning to really think that Nollywood still have a chance to compete with Hollywood for the OSACAR awards! Yes you heard right...Oscar award.


That is how today, I clicked on 'Living in Bondage: Breaking free' just out of curiosity  to know what the hype is all about.....guyyyyyyyyyyy I was not disappointed on bit. In fact I was surprised to say the least. This is it!

This movie for me tops all of the nollywood movies I have seen. After it, is the MerryMen. I am super proud to be Nigerian and Igbo especially.

Everything in this movie is phenomenal.

For me here are my reviews:


  • The Nnamdi Okeke character acted by Jide Kene Achufusi was so on point. He really interpreted to the core the spirit of an igbo man hustling for bread. His face is also refreshing. He interpreted his role like a pro. He was so cute that I had to stalk him on IG. Btw, my friend Ada likes you Jide (in case you stumble on this).
  • The Cinematography was in-fact impeccable. Not that confused thing I see on the other movies where the ghost is dodging being hit by a car.


  • The Richard Williams character by Ramsey Noah! Ah Ramsey Noah did an amazing job just like a boss he is ! I low key loved how he was not caught in the end of the movie. Does that make me evil? lol oh no


  • The integration of the character 'Nneka' from the movie 'Nneka the pretty serpent' was a genius move.


  • It was refreshing to see another location that is not Asaba used. In this case, Owerri. As Owerri girl, I couldn't be more proud.
  • The originality of using Igbo language really got me tripping. Ha! Igbo amaka. How on earth did Ramsey learn how to speak my language fluently


  • Oh was it the way they mentioned our Igbo music legends and graced us with their songs?  Oliver de Coque, Osita Osadebe, the Oriental Brothers. And I loved how Nnamdi and Kelly danced to the song of Oriental Brothers as love song instead of the oyinbo songs. Did you know that rich Igbo men are sweet and romantic?

  • The use of Charles of Play Network was also refreshing. He sure knows how to carry himself with them Cigars

Sigh...nice movie. I am low key wondering what will happen to Nnamdi Okeke considering that Richard Williams is still alive and his power was not stripped from him.  Hmmm I guess we will never find out.

Finally, the moral of the story is this: there is no short cut in life to success. Keep pushing and hustling. Also remember, even the devil can quote the Bible.

Guys, go now on Netflix to watch this. I promise you it is worth it.

Before I go, I will leave you with this: is it true that behind every great fortune there is a crime? Do not be deceived, every good thing comes from heaven.

XoXo
Anu_rheeka











Living In Bondage Movie Review Living In Bondage Movie Review Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 10:01 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome... How do I start on Netflix pls.... Thanks for this dear.

    ReplyDelete

Ads

Powered by Blogger.