My ~EndSARS Experience Contd

 

…. Contd

My day started at 6 am after my devotion, I went to the gym and finished from the gym at 9 am. On my way home, I was stopped by the Nigerian youths who were demonstrating peacefully on the #EndSARS. I was compelled to join them for about 10 minutes after which I continued on my way to my house.



In about 30 minutes after I had left the venue, I could hear lots of people screaming and running. Almost immediately, I got a call and the information that hoodlums interrupted the peaceful protest and had killed at least 3 people at that same junction I just left few minutes ago. It didn’t end there, 3 other persons were matched to death few kilometers from my house, this spiked the residents of that community to riot, destroy government properties. In a bid to calm the situation by the Nigerian police, a stray bullet killed an innocent boy. 

This angered the youths more, as a result of this, they burnt down a customary court, which happens to be just the compound next to my house. They were about to burn my own house with my family in it but thanks to our neighbor who understands Hausa, he spoke to them and informed them that the house was not a government property. as soon as they heard this, they stormed away to their next target. Who knew what would have happened if he was not there!



The internet was not left out of the chaos,I saw a lot of dead people and blood online as a result of the Endsars protest. This shocked me beyond reasoning at the level of wickedness of mankind, I saw a lot of blood shed, a lot of human heads that were barbarically beheaded, a lot of souls lost, the barbaric act of mankind!  I could not sleep for two straight days as the images kept hunting me.

The level of insecurities in the country and the level of injustice in this country, right then and then I realized the country is such a mess, we are not normal, our heart is cold, we are not different from the politicians and leaders we condemned so badly, this country is a jungle and we are merely surviving. We deserve a better country, we deserve a system that works, we deserve a good life and reliable government.

Jolted back to life from my thoughts again was the same movement but this time now it was a cockroach, I wonder what could be chasing it. Sigh, slowly I crawled back to the bed and struggled to find sleep again. Hoping this country will get better some day.

#Endsars

My ~EndSARS Experience Contd My ~EndSARS Experience Contd Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 02:13 Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. Let's not give up on our dear country Nigeria����, if we persistently speak up and demand good Gorvanance from our leaders and exemplify the change we want in our own little capacity were ever we find ourselves, Nigeria ���� will become better and assume her position as the giant of Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so heartbreaking. No value for human life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue until things change. The youths must continue the struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Ads

Powered by Blogger.