The Struggle to Lose Weight


Hello lovelies, long time no see? Oya i don show. Ole nke mere last!!

I was chatting with my very good friend last night about our weight loss journey. This weight loss thing no be here oh, we have come a long way in the journey. I haff seen something my dear! So She happened to be jogging on that day and she asked who would like to join her in the race, mbok I told her to run her race alone biko. Let me take some time off the scale and gym. Ayam tayad of hitting the gym oh! let food hit me biko kikikiki.





Every Saturday I hit the gym, the coach will scatter us with killing workout routines, he will be screaming ''jump up!  jump down! 10 more to go!, no pain no gain!, to the left!, to the right!, roundabout!, center!, kill it!, die! (kidding), kiniko kiniko'' only me! Only me haff drink lemon grass, lemon, mint leaf drink, cucumber i will soon drink nshi nnama! lol so this week am going to enjoy myself.

Ok joke aside! keeping fit is the real deal. I have been there before, the struggle to tuck in your tummy when ever I  go out with friends, the struggle to fit into hot gowns and be confident in it. Back then, when I go out, I would dread eating outside to avoid my tummy from shooting out.  choi. Well goodbye to all of that! I am glad I found a way to work it out.I work my ass off!!!



The thing is, loosing weight is 30% of Work out and 70% what you eat!! If you take in less calories and burn more calories, you lose weight faster. You cannot work out,  go home to eat fufu and egusi soup and be expecting to wake up in Kim K body or Anthony Joshua's' body, You lie!

 Discipline and consistency is the key to a happy body and healthy lifestyle.

So here are some of the healthy foods, fruits and routines that that helped me.



1. Boiled Unripe Plantain with Vegetables (Ugu or Spinach) or Porridge
2. Beans with vegetables (Ugu or Spinach) and fish
3. Moi Moi
4. Water Melon, Cucumber and Pineapple
5. Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables (Carrot,Cabbage, green peas, green pepper etc)
6. Bread furit (Ukwa)
7. Tiger nuts, almond nuts and dates as snack
8. Salad and Chicken
9. Cowpea (Akidi)
10. Drink Lemon, mint leaf, cucumber and ginger water. ( slice them and soak them over night in warm water, refrigerate and drink first thing every morning and last thing every night. After two days, make a fresh tea)
11. Oats. You can eat this with fruits

I have a very tight work schedule, so I do not have the whole time to go to the gym on weekday,  so this is what i do; I wake up by 5am everyday, I skip 1000 times with my skipping rope, I do my tummy and arm program. When I come back from work by 8 pm, I do the same routine too. Maximum 40 minutes work out each everyday.

 On Saturdays, I jog for 1 hour then hit the gym to complete my work out. I eat carbohydrates on Saturdays and Sundays only. (choose what work for you, you do not need to be strict like me)
This is what works for me, choose what works for you!
The Struggle to Lose Weight The Struggle to Lose Weight Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 10:22 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Ads

Powered by Blogger.