My adventure to Karu Water Falls Abuja

How well do you know your environment? How well-traveled are you in Nigeria? I can bet most of you had no idea of the interesting spots we have in Nigeria and most of you in Abuja have no idea of the beautiful places you could visit apart from the usual places while others would travel out of Nigeria to get this experience we have right here under our noses. What a boring life huh?



For those of us that cannot afford the luxury of traveling outside the country to explore, kick yourselves out of that box and explore your environment well enough first before leaving the shores of the country some day. Charity they say begins at home.

You can join a hiking club or gather your group of friends and hike within Abuja or explore interesting places in your locality. I have mentioned in one of my previous posts  a Hiking club I joined in Abuja and the name is Abuja House Harsh Harries. We hike every two weeks on Saturdays by 3pm. The hiking is always very interesting, we run, climb hills, make friends and pop beers. This is a great way to burn off the steam and calories we must have incured during the week.

We have been to various places in Abuja and in the country (and by the way, the Harsh Harries is an international hiking club and has its presence in over 16 states in Nigeria including Lagos, Owerri, Warri etc) and on this day we went to Karu Waterfalls to explore its beauty.  

Here are some of the moments I captured





What a beautiful sight to behold. We climbed for about an hour before we found, right in the middle of the surrounding three Hills, The Great Karu WaterFalls.

I lost myself to the music being played by the DJ, I danced to the rhythm, ate a lot of meat and had few drinks and of course...made a few acquaintances and expanded my network! One of which was Ahmed. Ahmed came across as  the quite type initially and I picked on him and he turned out to be so much fun and full of energy hahaha and he ended up being my photographer for the day. Photo credits - Ahmed.







The day ended with loads of hugs, good byes, promises of tomorrow and I went home happy knowing I have explored yet another treasure in the heart of the town and I have made a new hiking friend Ahmed. Tired legs with small injury sustained!

Until next time.....
XoXo!
My adventure to Karu Water Falls Abuja My adventure to Karu Water Falls Abuja Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 08:52 Rating: 5

No comments:

Ads

Powered by Blogger.