Midnight Call




I was going through my stuff just before I moved to Abuja and saw some old CD plates I used to listen to back in secondary school, with my CD player and I had a very good laugh remembering all the good times and memories I had in secondary school. Nothing was sweeter and more exciting than all the experiences you have when you are forbidden from having them(lol). 

Having to stay up at night to make or receive midnight calls, and sneak around to pick calls, or read letters... Chei!!!! That was when love was sweet, this generation will never truly understand mehn! How it felt to have to cram the words to songs from song books, and write them down just so your 'Rep' as a lyricist will be on point or write part of the lyrics as love letter, no be to go google type am!...Based on logistics mehn! Warri! Who dem be?....okay maybe getting am a little over excited joor..lol, but it is juts the euphoria of all the exciting memories!

                                        

The free calls were so sweet eh, that sometimes when you both are lacking conversation topics, bobo will just put one cool jam for you to listen to express his ihunanya. My favorite pick was African Queen, anything by West life, and Celine Dion.

 I used to have this bobo that liked me and I liked back, but because I was sharing a room with my elder cousin I had to wait until she was fast sleep before I dared making my free midnight calls(does MTN still offer those services?). One glorious night, she actually woke up and caught me in the act, and I would not hear the end of it. I had to do her laundry for one full month to keep her from telling my parents( if you are reading this you can go ahead and tell them now...smh for you lol).

Before there was Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the rest of them, where you could just express interest in someone by 'liking' their pictures online, there was the good old fashioned actual taking out time to 'tell' the person you like them through trustworthy channels such as neighborhood tatafo, and love letters (with your lips mark on the letter)...lol I received my first love letter in SS1, with flowers (plastic), apples and love card. He was so shy that he sent it through his best friend. Guess what I did? I read the letter in front of the whole class. (I am sorry Zik) Lol I was just a child then. 



Ehen Wait o, all those our midnight callers sef, how far? How many actually led to relationships that were fruitful?, because in my case eh, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and take back all those precious hours of my life. Cos that bobo eh, what I want to say about him is best expressed in thick owerri dialect....Thank you MTN for the lovely memories you created for us through the free midnight call plan. 

What were your own experiences? Would you care to share? Was it worth it? Will be waiting in the comment section to read yours.

Lemme see if this old CDs will play, take care darlings
Midnight Call Midnight Call Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 23:41 Rating: 5

10 comments:

  1. buhahahahahhaha
    this is awesome my angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Ewu. It was amazing. Had series of midnight callers. Oh my sleep. These days I put my �� in vibration mode for a nap sef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Hmmm
    I did a whole of silly things over the phone, more of youthful exuberance than being sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Hmmm
    I did a whole of silly things over the phone, more of youthful exuberance than being sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete

Ads

Powered by Blogger.