Mercy issa Goal

So.....(I begin with so a lot, I know), I'm an open person, I strongly believe in being nice to people and the good you do coming back to find you (at least that part of karma..story for another day), but I have never really felt just how much your good deeds and politeness to people around you affects both you and them until I made a new friend called Mercy.

I met her on my way back to Abuja from Oweri by road and we hit if off immediately, talking throughout the journey and acting like we had known each other for ages. As the journey progressed and we got the stop in lokoja, we both alighted to get something to eat and I resolved to get my usual delicacy of fried yam and fish with pepper sauce( don't hate me cos you ain't me).
When we had both bought what we wanted I reached for my wallet to pay for us both( I do this every time I'm on a road trip), she beat me to it and paid for everything, I was wowed and thanked her as this was the first time anyone was getting me stuff on a road trip, I was immensely grateful and while we continued our road trip we exchanged numbers and continued our chitchat(I'm unapologetic about being talkative).


Anyways, after that day, I and Mercy had the occasional conversation and struck a quiet but distinct friendship.


Well as time went on, my new friend Mercy asked me to be her bridesmaid at her wedding and I was deeply lived by this, not because of just the gesture but what she said to me...

“ I knew i could trust you, though we haven’t known for long, I know your a good person and i like your personality".

Those words meant the world to me, hearing that someone has that much confidence in you.


Sometimes we need to learn, that opening up and talking to people or making new friends doesn't make us any less human than we already are, it simply shows the importance of human relationship not just to us, but also the person we extend our friendship too. You do not know how your actions or words may affect the life of that person next to you, do not allow negativity destroy your relationship or reputation.


Mercy, thanks once again for believing in me to make me your friend, and please make sure the groomsmen at the wedding are handsome and single o! Eyeh?


N.B- Please I will be standing on your left hand side, 50 degrees north, longitude 85 latitude 55(don't ask me what it means), when you  want to throw bouquet okay? Hugs and kisses.....
Mercy issa Goal Mercy issa Goal Reviewed by anurikanwoke.blogspot on 03:59 Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. Wao... well, good deeds and politeness are good attributes that come from good people provided they keep being good. Doing good and being polite is a level of maturity too and of course not everybody can be like that but seriously everyone should strive to be like that!! Selah!

    ReplyDelete

Ads

Powered by Blogger.